Where were the Victoria Motorcycle Works?
Stephen Macklin set out to locate where they were.
Thank you to Stephen Macklin for this entry which he found in Michael Worthington-Williams’
book entitled “The Scottish Motor Industry” published by Shire Books.
At a later date Bob James discovered this in the same book:-
Royal Scot (1922-24)
Donaldson and Kelso (later Knightswood Motors Limited), Strathcona Drive, Anniesland, Glasgow (later 98 West George Street, Glasgow). All-Scottish motor-cycle with frames by Victoria and sleeve-valve Barr & Stroud engines.
The Argyll Motor Company patented the single sleeve-valve engine, subsequently selling a manufacturing licence to Barr & Stroud to produce their "own" single sleeve-valve engine.
Also, Stephen Macklin produced a the link to the Friends of Dundee City Archives website where the following entries were found:-
Friends of Dundee City Archives
Extracts from Motor Registrations 1904 – 1954 for Kinross
Victoria 2 ¾ HP Reg. No. SV304 First registered to Alexander Dear, Glenfarg. 20/10/1919 No other owner registered up till 1954.
Victoria 2 ¾ HP SV 289 First registered to George Pattie, 11 Suttie Street, Methil, Fife 25/07/1919 No other owner registered up till 1954.
Victoria 3 ½ HP SV187 First registered to James Alexander McLeod, Westerloan, Milnathort 18/05/1914 No other owner registered up till 1954.